Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Useful Advice

You don't have to get back up. As if you were a rubber ball that can just bounce up from where ever it lands. Don't rush to get up or feel pressured to bounce back. Just keep moving, in some direction, on some level. Moving gives you momentum and some day you look back and realize how far you've come.

I seem to be spouting advice this morning. My advice to myself though it get dressed and don't miss the last bus into work. 10 minutes to get out of here before I will be late. Oddly I'm still not rushing off.

laura

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's true, even if you only move a tiny amount, you are still moving. Besides, no matter what happens in life, life always seems to keep prodding us forward so we don't have much of a choice. Which stinks sometimes, cause sometimes you just want to stop and regroup. lol

Laura Brown said...

Sometimes you just want to stop and howl about how unfair everything is and how no one really loves you any more. That's ok too, just don't let it take up too much of your time.

DoubleDeckerBusGuy said...

Outstanding words of advice... what's the famed saying? The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step... and slow and steady honestly does "win the race" more often than not.

Eliot said...

Nice entry. It's actually related to my latest post on 'moving on'. After I left KOrea, I found it hard to re-adapt to the culture here. It was difficult to disengage.

If you find my blog entries at Everything Kimchi worthy of a technorati fav, or a blogcatalog linkex, please don't hesitate to do so. I shall return the e-love. Cheers!