Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Creative Blog Spirit

I copied my own comment from Ben's blog cause I liked what I wrote. I'll read it next time I need blogging inspiration.
I think the best tip you can give about blogging is to make your blog your own. Your own voice, thoughts, etc. However you express yourself it has to be you. Don't copy someone else cause they have a good Google or Alexa rank or cause they run ads and make money.... blah blah blah. Those blogs all just become a blur. Do you actually read them or do you just skim them in case one of the masses actually comes up with an original thought some day.

I seldom even look at blogs about blogging. Only a few exceptions, those which have their own unique and individual voice. Those who may or may not be right but they don't just babble on saying the same party line as all the other blogs. This includes personal blogs.

If you write a personal blog and try to write for your readers you are not going to stick with it very long. You lose the point of it all if you try to sell your blog. Just write the damned thing and enjoy it. If it stops being fun, stop. Come back to it when you want to create something again.

Every blog should have a creative, free spirit. It's more than the voice you give it it's your whole attitude towards it. Does writing in your blog give you an uplifted feeling? Do you look forward to having something to post? Would you still be posting even if your hit counter only moves up a few times a year? What part of blogging matters to you? If it's money making or being famous you're here for the wrong reasons. You won't have staying power.


laura

2 comments:

Daisy said...

That is some very good advice! My blog is well over a year old, and I still cannot wait for the next day when I make a new post.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree! I was just blogging about something similar recently.