Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Great Strawberry Jam Writing Contest

Brady on Hunting the Muse is having a writing contest. The prize... strawberry jam, home made. (Other stuff too). 5,000 or fewer words. Due April 28th, 2008.

The Theme:

The theme for this competition will be Strawberry Jam. The theme must play an important part in the plot of your story. It can be subtle or a very prominent part of the storyline. But it must exist and entries will be judged on how well it is pulled off.


I'm licking the jam off my fingers just thinking about it. ;)

2 comments:

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for letting me know, this contest sounds like fun. I read about doodle week in an Entrecard post, but I can't doodle a noodle, so I felt sorry for myself.

However, now I can jam thanks to you~ :))

Have a great week-end~

Ann

A Nice Place In The Sun

Laura Brown said...

Ann, the stick figures and such I draw are not just meant to be cute or rustic looking. They really are the best I can do. This is after over a year of fairly steady practice at it too. So, don't feel you are unskilled and can't do the Doodle Week. I would especially like to see doodles from people who think they can not draw. I always said I could not draw, most of my life. Now I'm drawing, more or less. :) I really hope you try something, have no shame, post just for fun or to poke fun at your lack of skill. So what? It's a doodle, not anything to be taken too seriously.