Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Blog Talkers: Goals

Blog Talkers :
What is your most important goal in life? Why? (Please elaborate) How do you propose to get there? (Or how did you accomplish it). What sort of sacrifices will (or did) you have to make in order to achieve this goal? Once you’ve accomplished this goal, how will this change your life?

Hard to keep thinking of goals when so much of what I try seems to end up a total wipe out. Most of it my own fault, I guess. Not always sure when other people find it so easily to blame me for just about anything and everything.

Anyway, a goal, maybe not the most important goal, is to finish writing a book and get it published. I've been in denial of this goal a long time. But, reading some of the books out there, I think I really should press on and get on with it. At least I can check my own typos. How will it change my life... well, I'd have a job I would actually like and couldn't be fired from. Unless I fired myself.

I've sacrificed so much of myself for half assed reasons and self doubt. I can't afford too many more sacrifices before I just disappear all together.

Also, Blog Talkers from last week, which I missed:

If you could go back in time and witness one event from your family’s history, what would it be? (Be specific). How would this change impact your life? How would this change impact the lives of those close to you?

I would like to see my Grandparents as children. Nothing fancy, just a family dinner together out on the Prairies in the old sod house. I'd like to see them laugh about something little and do all the regular family things including nit pick at each other. I don't know how it would change anything. I'd just like to see who they were before they were old or too long ago dead for me to ever meet my Grandparents and Great Grandparents. Wouldn't you like to see your family when they were still young and at the beginning stage of their life?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your goal -- I wish you luck at getting published!

Susan Demeter said...

Best wishes for your goal :) I like your writing here, and bet your book will be smashing! Have a nice week ahead!