Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Plastic Suspension

Don't feel like posting anything, no drawing either. I have been having trouble at work for awhile and today I was given a 3 day suspension. Not for making trouble or being bitchy on the phone or anything else you are likely to come up with. I'm just not being a smooth operator, using all the right scripty goodness when I handle calls for the tech support.

Anyway, I've been a bundle of nerves and upset for weeks now. Tonight I just feel like I'm not crying. If that makes any sense. But, on the bright side I do have two days off. They counted the half day at work as my first day of suspension. I go back on Friday, work Saturday and then have my week of vacation. Funny timing.

I know they don't want to fire me, I'm very good on the phone. I just don't seem to have a knack for fitting in all the scripted elements. The plastic stuff that is just what the marketing department tells them we should say. But, that's life in the modern age. A lot of artificial plastic. Stuff you can't recycle, can't even hope to out live and stuff that you can't even burn without making a big stinky environmentally hazardous mess.

I think I am going to go out to the bookstore. It's a long bus trek and I don't know if I will be able to get to sleep very easily tonight but I put off doing it on my day off before cause I was trying not to spend the extra money. Now I just need something to take the edge of my madness. I feel like a puppet who just had all her strings yanked on too hard.

Update: I'm getting back up on the err... dust bunny. I don't have anything as big as horse. I still have tomorrow off to fluff up my ego and see if I can go back in there and change things. Thank you for all the comments. Thanks for not making me feel like a whining fool. I really appreciate that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, what's the matter?
Do you have winter blues?
This would be the perfect opportunity for a full body massage, manicure, pedicure. I know it's all down to the dollars. Put on your favourite music, sing and dance.

Lucy

Laura Brown said...

Not winter blues. I'm going to be fired next time I don't pass a review. This was my third warning and I have really tried to get everything how they want it. Just not being successful so far. I don't like to lose the job and find something else cause it pays really well compared to what else is out there.

I don't feel so upset today. I'm going to treat myself to a new book. Not something second hand but new with that new book smell. :)

Aerten said...

I feel your pain. Been there, done that... bleh. It's darn hard to "fit in" and play by the rules when the rules are, well, warped. And I still haven't quite figured out how to do it. :)

Skin Care Girl said...

I hope you found a good book and you're enjoying your day! I think some employers expect miracles when in reality they need to look at how they do business.

I found your blog from Sweet and Simple Designs. Love her work don't you!?

Come by and say hello!

Mo and The Purries said...

Oh - sorry to hear about your suspension... sounds like too rigid of a job for a creative soul like you!
A new book always helps my spirits!