Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Tell it to me Tuesday: Disremember

Tell it to me Tuesday from The Art of Getting By.

What are a list of things you wish you could disremember?


It sounds sappy but I don't think there is anything I'd like to disremember. Even the most pain you experience gives you something in experience and knowledge. How can you really appreciate the good things if you don't remember when things were really awful.

My worst was having my best friend tell me he "fell out of love" so I went through a divorce and came back home, to my own country again. Before that I had thought the immigration procedure was the deepest pit of hell I could have gone through.

2 comments:

Lord, I want to be whole said...

I agree...To remember, even the painful memories enables me to feel more pleasure because I KNOW how bad it has been. There is a distinct contrast between the darkness and the light.

I also know what direction I don't want to go in because I know what will cause me pain.

Love this entry!

Lucia said...

Oh that is sad. I like to disremember some things because really who needs to remember those things. Things of which we don't speak. I would love to remember my teenage years a little bit more clearer because frankly it rushed by and I can't remember too much of it. Even the 4 1/2 years I spent with an old love, I can't remember half of it...one day melted into another. I hope I remember these days when I get over 50...knock on wood. Yes disremembering is not a good thing mostly. Some cases yes.