Pages

Monday, April 7, 2008

Outside the Envelope: Spider Catching Grrls

Outside the Envelope - Spider catching grrls. This is one I drew and then my nieces added to it. I was teasing them about making hot chocolate including fresh spiders as one of the ingredients. (Likely it's just one of those things you have to be there for at the time). Anyway, when we were doing arts and crafts I drew the three of us catching spiders. I had the bucket and the girls were going to pick them up. Neither liked that idea.

Then Emma Jeanne drew a big sunshine in blue at the top and a big spider in blue at the bottom. Roxanne wanted to make sure everyone would understand the action. So she drew circles around the spiders and arrows pointing to the bucket.

Nice how for me it was just a drawing, something to do while spending time with them. But, for them it was important. So important that they wanted to make sure it was done right and well. That's why I kept it. I like to remember how important the little things are, especially when you're still a little person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't blame your neices, I wouldn't be picking up spiders to put them in a bucket either....or picking them up for any other reason!