Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Fired Tomorow?

It's Thursday and I'm making sure I go into work today. I skipped off the past two days cause I wanted to get the new glasses done and I just hate going in there knowing I am just marking time until they fire me. Though skipping days is not helping either. Still, it's like sitting on a ticking time bomb everyday at work. Between taking calls from stressed out people and being stressed out myself I'm getting pretty nasty headaches every day. A couple of days I had a nosebleed, that freaked me out a bit. But, I think it was the dry air inside the building.

Anyway, a four hour shift tomorrow unless I stay longer by choice. It might be my last day and I won't even get four hours. I've come to the point where being fired would even be ok, if I could just know when it was happening. Not that I am not trying when I am there. I'm just not succeeding hugely well. I think it is about not being pushy or aggressive enough when handling phone calls. I just don't seem able to say all the scripted things when I know someone wants to end the call. Other people can do it.

I must be getting to bed. It won't help to be tired again in the morning. Nice that it is a mid-day shift though. Another job isn't likely to have the same start time. I'll have to get back to being up for 7:00 to catch the early bus. I will miss that.

5 comments:

Lucia said...

Yeah but think of all the sunrises you get to see at 7 in the morning. BTW, missed it this morning!
Don't they have something else you can do there? I think you'd be best suited somewhere where you could be creative! You inspired me to look into photography classes but when I saw how much...well I can't afford to be self indulgent at 1,000 plus dollars because I would have to get a new camera as well! I think if I ever lost my job I would work at Black's Camera! Discount everything, photos, cameras, picture frames...etc.

Laura Brown said...

Look into online photography classes. Or how about just getting a book at Chapters? There are some guide books which are pretty great. Also, Lee-Ann who has the Creepy Ontario group also runs a group for those who want to learn to take better photos, on Flickr as well. If you look her up there send a note and ask her about it. I joined but haven't really done much about anything on Flickr all this winter. Sucks being bus bound.

Briget said...

Fired??

Why? Don't take it easy.. kick and scream baby.. kick and scream..

Lori said...

Hope it went okay for you, Laura. I've been on the chopping block before myself, and when they did fire me, I couldn't help but feel relieved.

Take your things home early. Nothing more embarrassing than having them rifle through your stuff and box it up for you. I had mine home a month before they lowered the boom.

Tarasview said...

what a horrible way to have to work- always waiting to get fired! that just sucks.