Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2008

7 Random Things About Me and One Mini Rant

Mummified Times Five tagged me. She has one of the most colourful blogs on EntreCard, I have always liked pink and orange together. :)

Seven Random Things About Me:

1. I'm more girly and romantic than I would admit to anyone face to face. I really do like pink, yellow and orange, though red is still my favourite.

2. There are days when I get to work and realize I forgot to brush my teeth... and my hair. Luckily I carry a comb in my purse or usually a clip I can stuff it all up into.

3. My favourite reading at the moment is paranormal romance though I would never pass up a good science fiction. If you're looking for a good paranormal author try: Michelle Rowen, Kelley Armstrong, Lynsay Sands, or Kerrelyn Sparks. Life or Something Like Bit can give you the real scoop on paranormal romances.

4. I seldom buy a new book from the bookstore, usually get them second hand. But when I do get a brand new book I always go back into the pile for the third one on the shelf. I want to make sure it still has that new book smell and no dog earred cover.

5. I started colouring my hair this year. It's still weird to catch my reflection and see myself with a hair colour different than the one I grew up with. Almost like having a different face. I tried to match my real colour but it doesn't seem to come out exactly as it is shown on the box.

6. I have my bedroom fully set up now. Messy, but fuctional. I've got the computer on my desk, the TV on my bookshelves (radio too) and my bed in the corner. It's like my own corner of the universe in here. I never leave for hours at a time.

7. If I won the lottery I would not take another job working for someone else. I understand why the rules are there but I'm really tired of trying to follow all of them when some of them just don't make sense in day to day practical situations. People need to listen to and think about marketing less and people more.


I read an article about buzz (word of mouth marketing), how people are turning themselves into commercials. This goes far beyond the guy walking around as a human billboard. How can you trust a friend who has her mind on how she can work selling you insurance and hair gel and a pyramid scam into the conversation more than she is actually listening to you? That whole buzz thing just makes me feel kind of sick. Like the worst of the Internet and weblogs is coming out of the computer and into the real world now. How would you react if you were spammed by your friend over coffee one day?

laura

No comments: