Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Like Catching Goldfish in a Rain Barrel

It's a rainy day. So I am getting out for a walk and some pictures, somewhere. I haven't decided yet. I'm still having my mostly cold coffee right now and watching whatever comes on TV. One channel is all kids shows and the other is all entertainment news, so far. Hard to decide which is sillier.

I am so tired this morning. I only slept about an hour yet I can't get to sleep when I try going back to bed. Too much in my mind with this moving and packing and wondering what I am going to do until the end of July when we can move to Barrie. I'm going to have over a month of living out of the garage at Alliston.

Not literally. But, keeping mostly everything in there is not going to be nice. It stinks in there. Why do garages stink? It's not just a garbage stink. There is a fungus, mildew stink too. I used to leave the garage doors open for hours to see if it made any difference. It didn't. I think they build that smell right into the garage when you get your new house.

It would be ok but that smell sinks into everything. You can't get it out of your clothes or your books once they have been infected.

I downloaded a couple of software programs to try to sort out my digital photos. None of them worked that well. Each only shows a few photos at a time. Hard to file them and check for doubles if you can only see four at a time. I never did find where the second program filed my photos. I still have the originals. It's just a little mystery to find the sorted out ones now. I spent a lot of time I should have been packing on procrastinating with those pictures. Seems I should at least have something to show for all my wasted time.

My brother is coming this afternoon. I'm not sure what he is working on today. Likely painting and he said he was going to turn off the water. Likely he is going to spaz a bit cause I don't have more packed up and I didn't shuffle a bunch of boxes on the bus from the grocery store. He offered to bring some today though so maybe he won't bug me about that. I really did not want to struggle with empty boxes on the bus, waiting for the bus in the rain mostly each day this week anyway. Soggy boxes are not the best for packing.

If I get going out there soon, in the lovely rain, I should be back in time to finally be worn out enough to sleep a bit, in theory. It's funny how you can feel your brain and body are tired and yet you can not sleep. It's not insomnia, just too much stressing out about stuff.

I'm kind of looking forward to the rain. I do like it. Not those really blasting days but today is a gentle rain, kind of nice. Great for taking pictures, as long as your camera doesn't get too soggy.

2 comments:

lattégirl said...

Soggy boxes, soggy camera, soggy mindset :)

You could spend July in Montreal if you needed to. We have room here! And I cook!

Laura Brown said...

I would enjoy meeting you and seeing Montreal. I have things getting sorted out here. I will stay with my Mom and help her pack up her stuff. some of mine is in the basement there too. Mostly I'm going to miss having a place of my own though. Funny that even though you are renting a small place it feels more your own than when you are sharing a house.

If I've been working and have some money for the trip I'd like to take you up on that in the Fall. Montreal will have tons of old buildings. I'm already thinking about walking around and seeing what I could find for camera fodder there.