Pages

Friday, March 2, 2007

Mad Science Grrl Does it Again

The computer is formatted again and I am back to reinstalling all the software again. Some I think I will leave off. I still have hopes of getting a new computer. Once the taxes are actually, finally done and I get some money back. Computers aren't as pricey as they were last time I bought a new one. Maybe I don't need to spend a thousand dollars on a new one this time. That would be nice.

Anyway, it's nice using a clutter free computer. It's running faster and the mysterious and aggravating slow downs are gone. Maybe not all of that was from Sympatico. I think at least part of it was Webshots so I am not going to load that again. I do think I will go to my backup disk and nab the fonts and some graphics which I saved.

One thing I forgot to save to the back up disk were my bookmarks. Most of them don't matter, but a lot were sites I intended to go back to and have a better look at. The ones that I do wish I had saved were about local history and urban exploration. It's a pain that they are gone cause each was a site I found by chance. I didn't find it through Google or any other search.

Do other people reformat their hard drive now and then? Seems few do when I ask. I think it's great. Like having a new computer, almost. This one is so old I can't say it feels new this time around. A lot of new stuff won't work with Windows ME now. Stupid of them. Not everyone wants to buy the latest Windows, it's unfair that software makers try to force it. I can't use Google Toolbar, the new one now. They made if for Windows XP and up. Idiots. One more strike against the almighty Google.

Anyway, tonight I am going to muck around with the computer. I only installed one game so far. I thought I would do the split hard drive thing and have Ubuntu here but I decided against it cause this is such an old computer now and it does have little things going wrong with it. But, I will keep it when I get the new one. That way I don't need to split the hard drive of a new computer. I can keep this one for the old software and start the new one on Ubuntu and keep it that way. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: