Pages

Friday, October 20, 2006

Do you Care About your Google Ranking?

How important is it to a personal blog, ezine or site? I found this site with information about making your site Google search friendly. I don't want to care and yet I'm curious enough to look.

My Google Rank is 4. What I wanted to know is... what does 4 mean to Google? I know it's between 1 and 10 but is it 4 medium-high or medium-low? Because it's my blog I've decided it's medium-high. In that case, I'm ok with a Google Rank of 4. Although, 3 is one of my favourite numbers and some people believe 4 is unlucky or down right evil. I don't want to be down right evil, just a bit wicked. So I may have to work on that.

1 comment:

Laura Brown said...

I don't live here you know...? :P

You can pretty much search for "Google Rank" and find some site that will let you type in your URL and spit you out a number from 1 to 10. I have one on my site which you can click for a shortcut. Its the little button which says PR 4. It's a link to blogflux.com. You can also ping your blog to a lot of blog search engines/ directories.

A ping is just like tapping them on the shoulder and letting them know you are out there. Some people use lists of freshly updated (pinged) blogs to find new ones to read.