Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Urbex Fascination from CopySix

The CopySix blog has a really great post about urban exploration, the end of civilization and why those things interest some people, like myself. I wrote a comment, trying to put into words why I like the old, abandoned farm houses so much.
For me it's something about the people who built the places and how they had so much promise, hope, potential and now are left to the elements. I like to see both the man-made and the nature made as they come together. I love the old wood, stone and iron work and the way the trees, vines and wildflowers gather back in around. My favourite abandoned farm houses are those well seasoned, weathered ones. Reminders of what was, kind of a mystery, something forgotten. I think about it's past yet also see it for the present. It's like a courage, or strength to see those old places surviving the elements. Giving up parts and pieces of themselves to the battle yet still not fading out to nothing, not yet consumed by nature and the elements.

1 comment:

CopySix said...

Thanks Laura for the electronic 'pat-on-the'back' ! !