I went for late brunch today at a local diner called the Beachside Grill (now I'm even forgetting if that was the name exactly). I had the lunch special which turned out to be a HUGE!!! clubhouse sandwich. Not one of those sparsely populated polite excuses for a clubhouse. This sandwich was so thick I split my lip trying to eat it, even after I squished it down with my fingers. Of course, my lip is healing up from a small wound so it splits easier than it usually would right now). Still, with all the tomatoes and the grilled chicken breast (not shaved chicken) that sandwich was at least 5 inches thick. I debated getting a doggie bag for the second half. But, I persevered and ate the whole thing. I had been starving before I decided to get lunch. I'm sure not starved now.
Anyway, I began this post because there was a great picture to be taken in the Grill. I noticed it and intended to snap it off before I left. The restaurant wasn't very crowded as it was between the lunch and dinner hours. I wish I had just gone ahead and done it. You would have like it almost as much as I did. I may get it another day. But, I let myself talk myself out of it today.
See Skye, I'm not always so bold about taking pictures. :) But, I will get it. It was just too good to miss out on.
I did get to the Eatons Centre again today. Mainly I wanted to get the metropass for December before December starts tomorrow.
1 comment:
Next time you go there for a sandwich bring a hammer to pound it down into a more bite sized shape..
Post a Comment