
Who do we have to remember? My Grandfather was a sailor during the war but he died so long ago I barely remember him. This time around I'm not feeling sentimental about Rememberence Day. I didn't even buy a stack of felt poppies as I usually do. I used to pin them all to my car's visor and have a field of soft poppies each year.
2 comments:
I didn't see a single person selling poppies. But our American ones aren't soft and felty, anyway; they're plastic. I used to buy one from every seller I met ... I don't even remember my grandfather, who was a WWI vet, because he died before I was born. But it's what you do.
Hi Poppy. It's what you do, I know. I do think about the people who died these days I'm just feeling annoyed cause it doesn't seem any of the political types have learned from the past. What will be said about this time in history a hundred years from now? I wish I could be here to see how they will think.
Post a Comment