
I emailed about writing for BlogTO and they emailed back, interested. They asked what sort of posts I would contribute to the site. I could have come up with more but this is the reply I sent this afternoon. Posting it here just to amuse you.
I have a lot of interests in art, history and culture. I have been taking photos of abandoned farmhouses but I really like old buildings in general. I'm looking forward to getting pictures of old buildings in Toronto, derelict, run down or not. Union Station is high on my list. I have some of the photos I have done on Flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/thatgrrl/ Most urban explorers want to get inside tunnels and such but I prefer the outside of the building. Besides, it is too dangerous to go into ruined farmhouses where the floor has partially caved in.
I have been looking at local (Toronto) groups for my personal interests, as well as the urban explorations groups I have found groups for postcard collectors, crochet and crafters, illustrators and others which I can't think of right now. I'm also interested in women in small or home businesses. I attempted to begin one myself last year but plans fell through, mainly a money thing. I like history, inventive and odd art forms. I'm not into music other than whatever comes on the radio. I really like small publishing. I attended CanZine in October even though I arrived far too early. (I thought it would take me a lot longer to get there).
Other than that I don't know what will come along. I'm not a heavy duty planner. I am writing a bit about technology and creativity for LockerGnome. http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/thatgrrl/ I have a personal blog which is more like a scrapbook of junk with scattered journal posts. I like to meet people and hope to get out doing something each week. I'm job hunting right now so it has to be freebie events for now. :) I enjoy cultural events and now that I am down here I will find more along the lines of the German Xmas thing which I know is coming up soon.
Hope I fit in somewhere. I would really like to be a part of BlogTO. It would be a great way for me to get to know the city and not let myself be too shy about getting out socially. I can blab with anyone but at times I am a bookworm at heart.
3 comments:
Hope you get accepted. I didn't see if they pay for submissions or not. Do they..
A few people have made a blog for their hometown. Some are exceptionally good, with a lot of local photos and you really see interesting things about the town. Of course, some are kind of dull, talking about people and not really making them interesting to someone who doesn't know them. I'm sure you could make a great blog for your town. Your photos are great and you write very well.
It sounds like you could have a great deal to give them!!!
Good luck :-)
Post a Comment